What is a Cash Discount Program?
Saltsha Prime, a feature included in the Saltsha suite, provides the option for merchants to utilize a cash discount program and charge a different price for cash versus credit card payments. This offsets the transaction fees for the merchant by collecting a percentage on every credit card payment. Saltsha Prime provides you with access to programs and technology that make this happen easily for you.
Included with all the benefits of offering a cash discount program, there are a few requirements:
Merchants who enroll in a cash discount program must display the provided signage that states that prices reflect a
cash discount. Also, the prices set within the cash discount cannot exceed the cost of acceptance for the card.
TRADITIONAL VS. CASH DISCOUNT
Through Saltsha Prime,
- Your terminal will be pre-programmed and ready to install with the percentage (no more than 4%)
you would like to pass to the cardholder.
- All major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and nearly all card types are
- Everything is automated, so you don’t have to worry about special equipment maintenance or
- You are provided with signage which informs customers that “Prices listed and advertised reflect
- You can increase your profits without having to raise your prices.